Have a Gretsch 5120/5122? This page is for you…..
This Guitar has created the most confusion when it comes to TV Jones pickup replacement. Any TV Jones pickup that is available in the Universal Mount or the English Mount can be installed in a 5120 or 5122. The strings sit very high on this guitar due to it’s high neck angle, therefore ring risers are necessary to get the pickups close enough to the strings for optimum tonal output. Please note that all rings and ring risers are sold separately.
What to order:
- Decide on your pickup model – What tone do you want?
Choose TV Classic, TV Classic Plus, Power’Tron, Power’Tron Plus, Super’Tron, Magna’Tron, TV-HT, Thunder’Tron, Thunder’Blade, Thunder’Mag, T-90 ot T-Armond.
- Select Universal Mount (English Mount for T'Armond or T'90 pickups)
- Select Color of Plating – (chrome most popular)
- Select the Position – Bridge or neck (please note that TV Classic Plus and Power’Tron Plus are only available in the bridge position).
- Don't forget to order EM2 Rings and Ring Risers (screws included) – Silver is most popular
- New mounting holes for ring are required-see video